Songs by Women that I Love!
I have to admit, looking through my music on my ipod, women artists are few and far between. But here are some tunes that I adore at the moment, and are either sung by women in bands or on their own.
1. Little Birdy--Stay Wild. Oh Katy Steele.
2. Cat Power--Maybe Not. One of those songs you feel blessed to have come across. Breathtaking.
3. Fiona Apple--Never is a Promise. Every time I listen to it I am blown away by her vocal range. Truly unique.
4. Imogen Heap--Hide and Seek. I fell for the lyrics straight away. Anyone who has suffered a broken heart can relate.
5.Lily Allen--22. About The perils of being 30 and single, and the pressure to find a man in an era of rom coms and high expectations.
6. Carla Bruni--Quelqu'un m'a dit. On the soundtrack of 500 days of summer, it makes you want to dance in the rain with the object of your affections.
7. India Arie-- Ready for Love. Getting a high rotation on my ipod...basically I was swept off my feet by her rich and strikingly seductive voice.
8. Bertie Blackman--You Kill Me. I just adore it.
9. Lisa Mitchell--Love Letter
10.Regina Spektor---Us (I probably have played the shit out of the 500 days of summer soundtrack....you have to listen to it!!)