I tried to remember my year and all the good things that happened. Here’s what I came up with:
• New Friends - I began university and through this, I’ve made an amazing group of new friends. All of whom I love and adore. They are wonderful and awesome people, and I love them very much. From this, we’ve made friends with the bartenders at our local pub near our campus, who are also wonderful people.
I’ve also made good friends with people from work that I’ve hardly spoken to before, and become friends with some people who made rock and roll history.
• University - I began my first year of university, and it completly solidified my career choice. I have no doubt in what I want to do now. My lecturers have been amazing and guided us through so much, as well as being incredible and interesting people.
• Closeness - I grew a lot closer with a lot of new people this year. Alicia, my parents, my sister, my best guy friend Sam, friends from university. Its a wonderful thing, and I know that these people will be with me for years to come.
• Concerts - Fall Out Boy, Sound Relief, Soundwave Festival (& Sideshows - Jack’s Mannequin, New Found Glory, Huston Calls, Forever the Sickest Kids, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Nine Inch Nails), All Time Low, Set Your Goals, Kris Roe, The Ataris, Royal Chant, Anberlin, The Academy Is…. And even to the Sound of Music Sing-A-Long for my little sisters birthday.
• Work Experience - Writing album reviews for Kill Your Stereo to helping out with a major music festival and scoring free tickets to a lot of gigs this year. I’ve also scored work experience backstage at their 2010 festival, which will be amazing.
• Trips - Gold Coast with my sister, her boyfriend and Alicia in January 2009. Various “Schoolies Reunions” throughout the year at my friends beachouse.
• Nights Out - Hot Damn, Cargo Bar, Cafe Broadway, The Lansdowne, Strike Bowling Bar, The Winston and the beloved Strawberry Hills Hotel.
• Day Trips With Alicia - From getting her tattoo, ice-cream on Manly Beach, to over-ordering food at Pancakes on the Rocks, the two of us have had an amazing time getting in her car and going anywhere.
I guess this is all I can think of for the moment. I might add to the list later - But I can say that 2009 was one hell of a year, and I can't wait to see what 2010 brings.